The HOC Spherical Pilot Bit was created for guiding well bore enlargement tools in a variety of applications.
Features and Benefits:
- Replaces conventional bull nose in order to avoid "stabbing" into washouts down hole.
- The unique off-set cutter design is used to prevent side-tracking while borehole enlarging down hole on wiper trips.
- Rolling motion of cutter enables the SPB to work its way into pilot hole.
- Followed by a hole opener or underreamer to open hole to full gauge.
- Jet nozzle in shank keeps cutter teeth clean.
- Available cutting structures: Sealed Bearing Mill Tooth and Sealed Bearing TCI cutters.