Drilling Type Underreamer (DTU)
The HOC DTU Underreamer has gone through several changes and modifications to adapt to the ever changing drilling applications and environments.
Features and Benefits:
- Long proven history with over 2.5 million feet underreamed worldwide.
- Expansion ratios 70% and larger than the OD of the body.
- Hydraulically expandable with pump pressure.
- Cutter arms move upward and out simultaneously in the body.
- Fail safe cutter arm retraction.
- Reverse actuating mechanism maintains that tool is open while drill string weight prohibits tool closure.
- Unrestricted flow through ID.
- Roller cone cutters are specifically designed for the HOC DTU underreamers and are consistent with down hole diameters.
- Body machined from heat-treated steel bar, giving it exceptional strength.
- Jet nozzles near the cutters allow for cutter washing and cooling.
- Cutting Structures available include:
- Sealed Bearing Mill Tooth
- Sealed Bearing TCI
- HOC's ADD Cutter